Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced Software Developer, based at our Limerick office.
Developing, enhancing and maintaining our environmental software products in accordance with
agreed requirements and designs, including:
• Member of a team of software developers using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and
2017(C#, ASP.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server (2005 and 2008 and 2017 versions).
• Contributing to the specification, development and test of software solutions to defined
• Delivery of software development projects both as stand-alone and as a team member of
internal agile and outsourced development teams.
• Development of embedded applications (Windows XP Embedded) that utilise GIS related
plug-ins (including vehicle navigation and route optimisation).
• Develop and deliver project updates to senior management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent.
- 3 + years experience in an Information Technology environment, specializing in
Software Development, would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience developing applications in C#, ASP.NET or SQL Server would be an advantage.
- Experience in Microsoft WPF/WCF would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and personal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and
form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
- High levels of drive and energy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm and general interest in Software Development.
- A passion for user interface
- Commitment to on-going personal development